Leiston sign Hadleigh goalkeeper Dan Heath on loan
DAN Heath will become Leiston’s fifth goalkeeper this season, after agreeing a two-month loan deal.
The Hadleigh United keeper will make his debut in tomorrow’s Ryman League Premier Division match at Hampton & Richmond Borough, subject to the paperwork being completed in time.
Hadleigh boss Stuart Crawford, who recently re-signed Darren Moyes after a loan spell earlier in the season, was happy to sanction the move.
The ex-Felixstowe & Walton United keeper joins as a replacement for Shaun Phillips and Danny Potter, who both left the Victory Road club last week.
Louis Johnson, who was between the posts as Leiston won the Division One North title last season, started this season in the team.
You may also want to watch:
But Johnson was allowed to leave and sign for Needham Market as Potter was signed from Blue Square Bet South side Eastbourne Borough in September.
A foot injury saw Potter sidelined and Nathan Munson, Leiston’s goalkeeping coach, was pressed into action, before Shaun Phillips arrived on a month’s loan from Colchester United.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
But with the U’s deciding to recall Phillips, who Leiston hoped would be available for the rest of the season, and a deal having been agreed for fit-again Potter to return to Eastbourne Borough, manager Mark Morsley has turned to Heath.
The 22-year-old, who signed for Hadleigh in October 2011, has also previously played for AFC Sudbury, Cambridge City, Cambridge United, March Town United and Newmarket Town.
Morsley said: “We played against Hadleigh in pre-season when we won 4-0, but he pulled off a number of good saves.
“He is excited about coming to us and hopefully it will be a good move for both parties.
“It is not ideal having to keep changing keepers during the course of the season, but so far it has not affected us and hopefully it won’t going forward.”