Leiston through to FA Vase quarter finals
Leiston 2 Long Buckby 1
Skipper David Head scored a last gasp winner to send Leiston into the quarter finals of the FA Vase this afternoon.
Head rose at the far post to head home Stuart Boardley’s left wing corner in the 90th minute to complete a come-from- behind victory for the Ridgeons League Premier Division side against Long Buckby.
The Northamptonshire visitors had gone ahead in the 33rd minute when Ashley Robinson slid home Fazel Koriya’s right wing cross.
Leiston levelled in the 70th minute, when Boardley’s inswinging right wing corner was punched into his own net by keeper Tom Stephanou.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Brothers thumped a drive against the foot of the far post before Head put Leiston in front as the Suffolk side turned the screw.
However, there was still time for Dan Quigley to see his 25 yard free kick come back off the bar as the visitors nearly forced extra time with almost the last kick of the match.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 8 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery