Liam Nash completes dream move from Maldon & Tiptree to Gillingham
- Credit: Archant
Liam Nash has today completed a dream move from Maldon & Tiptree to League One club Gillingham.
Striker Nash plundered 37 goals for the Jammers last season, the Essex club just missing out on automatic promotion to the (Ryman) Isthmian Premier by being pipped by Brightlingsea Regent, and then losing out in the Isthmian North play-offs.
Nash has signed a two-year contract with Gillingham, having caught the eye during a trial period at Priestfield.
The 21-year-old netted a brace in the Gill’s big win over Chatham in midweek, and also earned a first-half penalty at Dover the previous weekend.
Nash said: “I’m delighted to announce I’ve signed my first professional contract with Gillingham. The hard work continues
You may also want to watch:
“The way the fans have supported me over these past couple of games is very welcoming. I’ll give 100 per cent back to them.
“I’m going to put the effort in to get my starts and do my hardest to get the ball in the back of the net.”
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties