Lincoln City fans queue round their stadium for ‘all-ticket’ FA Cup replay against Ipswich Town
It may not be a match Ipswich Town fans are particularly looking forward to, but there’s plenty of appetite for an FA Cup replay in Lincoln.
The city’s team held Ipswich to a 2-2 draw in the third round tie at Portman Road last Saturday and brought around 5,000 fans to the game.
Now, even with the replay scheduled to be televised by the BBC next Tuesday, it seems a home ticket for the match is hot property.
The BBC Five Live radio station tweeted a video earlier of fans queuing at the Imps’ Sincil Bank stadium for a seat at the match.
The line of people ran the length of the stadium and round the corner following the release of tickets on general sale.
Adults supporting either team will be paying just £10 to watch the game which has an 8.05pm kick-off time because of it being on TV. Tickets for under 18s are only £2.
The game has been declared ‘all-ticket’, which means fans of either team must buy their tickets in advance – none will be sold at the ground on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Ipswich fans travelling to the game do not go on general sale until Friday at 9am. Gold card members and season ticket holders were able to get tickets from 2pm on Tuesday and 9am today respectively, while silver card members can buy them from noon tomorrow (Thursday).
Ipswich fans have urged Mick McCarthy to play a strong side in the replay to spare the embarrassment of being knocked out of the cup by lower-league opponents.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk