LINE-UPS: Jonny Williams handed his full Ipswich Town debut for game against Wigan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Wigan: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made just one change to his starting XI for this afternoon’s game against Championship top six rivals Wigan Athletic.
Following Tuesday night’s hard-fought 1-0 win at Yeovil, Crystal Palace loanee Jonny Williams – who impressed off the bench at Huish Park – has been handed his full debut.
He replaces striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake in the side meaning it will probably be a 4-4-1-1 system from the home team with Williams just off of Daryl Murphy.
Wigan boss Uwe Rosler has made two changes to his side following Wednesday night’s 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday. Ivan Ramis replaces Jean Beausejour at left-back, while Marc-Antoine Fortune is in for Nicky Maynard up front.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Taylor, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
WIGAN ATHLETIC (4-3-3): Al Habsi; Perch, Boyce, Barnett, Ramis; Gomez, McArthur, Tunnicliffe; McClean, Fortune, Waghorn.
Subs: Carson, Crainey, Kiernan, McEachran, McManaman, Powell, Maynard.
Referee: David Coote