LINE-UPS: Jonny Williams handed his full Ipswich Town debut for game against Wigan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Wigan: Blues boss Mick McCarthy has made just one change to his starting XI for this afternoon’s game against Championship top six rivals Wigan Athletic.
Following Tuesday night’s hard-fought 1-0 win at Yeovil, Crystal Palace loanee Jonny Williams – who impressed off the bench at Huish Park – has been handed his full debut.
He replaces striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake in the side meaning it will probably be a 4-4-1-1 system from the home team with Williams just off of Daryl Murphy.
Wigan boss Uwe Rosler has made two changes to his side following Wednesday night’s 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday. Ivan Ramis replaces Jean Beausejour at left-back, while Marc-Antoine Fortune is in for Nicky Maynard up front.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson on Twitter for live match updates.
You may also want to watch:
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-1-1): Gerken; Chambers (cpt), Berra, Smith, Cresswell; Anderson, Skuse, Hyam, Hunt; Williams; Murphy.
Subs: Loach, Mings, Richardson, Green, Tabb, Taylor, Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
WIGAN ATHLETIC (4-3-3): Al Habsi; Perch, Boyce, Barnett, Ramis; Gomez, McArthur, Tunnicliffe; McClean, Fortune, Waghorn.
Subs: Carson, Crainey, Kiernan, McEachran, McManaman, Powell, Maynard.
Referee: David Coote