Loan deal for Town star
George O'Callaghan has joined Brighton on loan.The Blues defender rejected the opportunity to sign for them on a permanent basis after initial talks on personal terms fell down but has agreed to join on a window-to-window loan until January.
By Derek Davis
George O'Callaghan has joined Brighton on loan.
The Blues defender rejected the opportunity to sign for them on a permanent basis after initial talks on personal terms fell down but has agreed to join on a window-to-window loan until January.
It means Ipswich Town miss out on a transfer fee and the midfielder, who will be 28 next week, could sign as a free agent next year.
You may also want to watch:
O'Callaghan is reluctant to leave Ipswich and hopes playing regular first team football at Brighton will convince Jim Magilton he is worthy of a starting place in Town's side when he returns.
O'Callaghan said: “I'm really looking forward to the chance to show what I can do and help Brighton push up the table. Hopefully I will do well enough and when I come back I will get a run of games with Ipswich.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home