Louis calls for his team to repay the faith shown in them ahead of massive Bandits clash at Foxhall Stadium
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches promoter Chris Louis is hoping his side can begin to repay the faith he and the Foxhall fans have shown in them this season.
The ‘Sackers’ side entertain high-flying Berwick Bandits on the Heath tonight (Thursday) in what is a tough-looking Premier League encounter (7.30pm start).
To make matters the Witches will be minus their American star Gino Manzares, pictured right, who is representing USA in the World Cup Race-Off in Poland this evening.
“Now is the time I want the team to repay the faith that’s been shown in them throughout this season,” Louis said.
“I’ve always believed in them and I know many of our fans have, but our inconsistencies have cost us points and we can’t afford to keep dropping points at home if we want to make the play-offs.
“I get plenty of stick for not changing the team but I believe this team can make the play-offs and I’m sticking by them.”
The Bandits arrive at Foxhall this evening with the second best away record in the Premier League – to leaders Edinburgh.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
Returning former Witch Kevin Doolan and the hard-riding Claus Vissing lead the charge for the Border club side who are just four points behind the Witches, but with seven meetings in hand.
“We have to win tonight and get maximum points,” Louis added.
“Missing Gino (Manzares) is the last thing we needed, but I know the boys will be determined to cover for him.
“Last week Adam Ellis and Cameron Heeps at reserve made all the difference and I’ll be looking for that tonight.”
Tomorrow the Witches race at Somerset in the Premier League.
Witches No.1 Richie Worrall has been called up to the GB squad as a fifth rider for the World Cup final on Saturday, so is unavailable – Lewis Blackbird guests.