Louis ‘disappointed’ as Jacobs hands in transfer request
- Credit: Jeff Higgott / SEQUELLA.CO.UK
Ipswich Witches director of speedway Chris Louis has reacted with ‘disappointment’ to the news that club asset Joe Jacobs has put in a transfer request.
Ipswich Witches director of speedway Chris Louis has reacted with disappointment to the news that club asset Joe Jacobs has put in a transfer request.
The 19-year-old former Farlingaye School, Woodbridge, pupil handed in the request after Ipswich turned down Glasgow offers for a full transfer.
“Glasgow came to me about three weeks ago and asked if they could buy Joe,” Louis said.
“I said no, but they still came back with an offer.
“Again I told them he wasn’t for sale and maybe we could discuss it at the end of the season. But then on Friday I got the transfer request from Joe himself.”
“I understand where he’s coming from a bit. He’s settled down well at Glasgow, but his head’s been turned I think. It’s not my desire to lose him as he’s our asset and a local lad, I’m disappointed, but now he has put in a transfer request, we will talk to Glasgow.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Covid rate in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
Tigers team manager Sean Courtney said: “We are trying to build a team of assets who want to ride for Glasgow.
“Joe has put in a written request for a transfer from Ipswich to Glasgow and that shows his desire to be part of this team.”