Louis ‘disappointed’ as Jacobs hands in transfer request
- Credit: Jeff Higgott / SEQUELLA.CO.UK
Ipswich Witches director of speedway Chris Louis has reacted with ‘disappointment’ to the news that club asset Joe Jacobs has put in a transfer request.
Ipswich Witches director of speedway Chris Louis has reacted with disappointment to the news that club asset Joe Jacobs has put in a transfer request.
The 19-year-old former Farlingaye School, Woodbridge, pupil handed in the request after Ipswich turned down Glasgow offers for a full transfer.
“Glasgow came to me about three weeks ago and asked if they could buy Joe,” Louis said.
“I said no, but they still came back with an offer.
You may also want to watch:
“Again I told them he wasn’t for sale and maybe we could discuss it at the end of the season. But then on Friday I got the transfer request from Joe himself.”
“I understand where he’s coming from a bit. He’s settled down well at Glasgow, but his head’s been turned I think. It’s not my desire to lose him as he’s our asset and a local lad, I’m disappointed, but now he has put in a transfer request, we will talk to Glasgow.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
Tigers team manager Sean Courtney said: “We are trying to build a team of assets who want to ride for Glasgow.
“Joe has put in a written request for a transfer from Ipswich to Glasgow and that shows his desire to be part of this team.”