Lowestoft limp out of FA Vase
FA VaseSemi-Final, Second LegLowestoft Town 1 Whitley Bay 1 (Whitley Bay win 3-2 on aggregate)LOWESTOFT Town limped out of the FA Vase after playing second best against a Whitley Bay side that were forced to play the majority of the second leg with ten men.
Semi-Final, Second Leg
Lowestoft Town 1 Whitley Bay 1
You may also want to watch:
(Whitley Bay win 3-2 on aggregate)
LOWESTOFT Town limped out of the FA Vase after playing second best to a Whitley Bay side that were forced to play the majority of the second leg with ten men.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich
The Suffolk side got off to a dream start when captain Darren Cockerill prodded home his side in front from close range in the fifth minute following a poor defensive clearance.
Whitley edged back in front on aggregate after 14 minutes when centre-back Leon Ryan powered home a near post header from a Lee Kerr corner, however, the tie seemed to swing back in favour of the Blues after 27 minutes when Kerr was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Jamie Godbold.
An out of sorts Lowestoft simply did not take advantage of their extra man from then on. Whitley Bay defended superbly throughout and, in truth, it was the visitors that enjoyed the better chances.
The north east side will now play Glossop North End in the final at Wembley on May 10 after they beat Chalfont St Peter in the other semi-final.
For full match report and reaction see Monday's East Anglian Daily Times.