Lowestoft Railway 5 Ipswich Cranes 4
NE14 Hockey LeagueDivision 4NE Lowestoft Railway 6Ipswich Cranes 4CRANES' disappointing first half told the real story of this game, conceding five goals with only one in reply thereby setting themselves an uphill task to get anything out of the match.
NE14 Hockey League
Lowestoft Railway 6
Ipswich Cranes 4
You may also want to watch:
CRANES' disappointing first half told the real story of this game, conceding five goals with only one in reply thereby setting themselves an uphill task to get anything out of the match. It was to Cranes credit that the scoreline bore any resemblance to a meaningful contest but there was no getting away from the ease that Lowestoft scored in the first half and it will be a horror show that cannot be repeated if Cranes are to fulfil their promotion ambitions.
Despite the first-half scoreline there were some positive moments for Cranes, Andel Williams' cross-shot crossed the line via a series of deflections and some good combinations almost created a second. The second half was a different story as Crane scored three goals with only one in reply, this time, Paul Muchal grabbing a brace and Craig Bloomfield firing in a penalty corner. The defence looked comfortable and such was Crane's domination of the half that the overwhelming feeling at the final whistle was that on another day they could have turned this into a win, had several good opportunities not been squandered.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town