Lowestoft star won't mention the W word
DON'T mention the 'W' word to Lowestoft Town defender Matt Potter.The 28-year-old goes into Saturday's FA Vase semi-final first leg against Whitley Bay knowing that his side are within touching distance of Wembley for the second successive season.
DON'T mention the 'W' word to Lowestoft Town defender Matt Potter.
The 28-year-old goes into Saturday's FA Vase semi-final first leg against Whitley Bay knowing that his side are within touching distance of Wembley for the second successive season.
But Potter, who was part of the side that lost 2-1 in the final last year, still won't allow himself to think about the possibility of playing at the home of English football just yet.
He said: “Whenever I speak to anyone I don't even mention 'the word' (Wembley). I'm very superstitious. Sometimes it feels like I'm touching wood more times than a carpenter!”
You may also want to watch:
To hear more of Potter's superstitions ahead of Saturday's big match see Thursday's East Anglian Daily Times.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window