Magpies Ladies IV3 Reepham 1
Martin and Acock Norfolk Women's League
Magpies Ladies IV 3 - 1 Reepham
A COLD wintry day found Magpies facing Reepham in a rearranged fixture postponed earlier in the year due to bad weather.
Magpies were certainly up for this week's game, but even they couldn't have hoped for the start they got: Reepham had first push back, Magpies won the ball in the midfield, pushed it out to Rhiann Earrye on the right wing who ran it into the D, shot, and the ball found its way into the corner.
A brilliant start for the home side who then continued to push hard at Reepham, enjoying the majority of possession but could not extend their lead. Towards the end of the half, Reepham got into the match more and started to pressurise the Magpies' defence, but the home side stayed strong at the back and took their lead into half time.
The second half saw the possession evenly matched as Magpies pushed for another goal and Reepham fought for the equaliser. It was Magpies, however, that took the initiative and midway through the half they won a well-deserved short corner; Bella Hall taking the strike from the top of the D and firing the ball into the goal. Reepham pulled a goal back shortly after, the ball slipping inside the near post, but Magpies were determined to get the win, and attacked the Reepham goal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
Their efforts were rewarded when a superb cross from Laura Schultheiss on the right wing found Kay Dennis in the D to sweep home a first-time shot to put the victory beyond doubt.
A fantastic performance from all 13 Magpies players; with special mention going to Rhiann Earrye on the forward line for her constant running and dangerous attacking play; Tracy Reeve, Hannah Booty and Bella Hall in the midfield for their commanding play; and Becky Ford, solid as ever at the back in her role as sweeper.