Makin and Miller doubts for Town
CHRIS Makin is extremely doubtful for Ipswich Town's clash at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday with a deep-seated groin problem, writes Derek Davis.Tommy Miller has also missed training for the past 10 days and a scan has discovered bruising on a knee bone so he is unlikely to start at the Hawthorns.
CHRIS Makin is extremely doubtful for Ipswich Town's clash at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday with a deep-seated groin problem, writes Derek Davis.
Tommy Miller has also missed training for the past 10 days and a scan has discovered bruising on a knee bone so he is unlikely to start at the Hawthorns.
Darren Bent will get a much-needed run-out tonight with Ipswich Town's reserves, who take on Leicester City's second string at Portman Road, 7pm kick-off.
The young striker will line up alongside Dean Bowditch against the Foxes, looking to gain more match sharpness.
You may also want to watch:
The duo were meant to line up together against Arsenal Reserves last week but Bent pulled out after picking up a knock in training. He soon recovered and will be raring to go tonight and hoping for a confidence-boosting goal or two.
Marcus Bent could get a quicker than expected return to Portman Road tonight with his new club.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 9 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
Bent signed on loan last week and has already played in one reserve team friendly which ended in a 1-1 at Waterford.
City have not yet won a reserve league game and on-loan Town striker Bent will be looking to get one over on his old team-mates.
With six players away on international duty and injuries to players such as Les Ferdinand, who had an operation on a knee injury yesterday, The Foxes are thin on the ground.
So they will be sending a decent side which will include fit again Steve Howey and Nicolas Priet.