Man City line up Spanish superstar
MANCHESTER City are about to make a big money move for Spainish international David Villa.The 27-year-old Valencia forward - top-scorer at last year's European Championships - looks set to leave the club in the summer after it announced it was in deep financial trouble.
MANCHESTER City are about to make a big money move for Spainish international David Villa.
The 27-year-old Valencia forward - top-scorer at last year's European Championships - looks set to leave the club in the summer after it announced it was in deep financial trouble.
Vice-president Fernando Gomez told a Spanish radio station that the club has been in talks with City over Villa. He said: “Yes, it's true but they didn't make us an any offer. The president (Vicente Soriano) asked for a significant amount and they didn't agree.”
But Gomez insisted both Villa and David Silva will leave over the summer if the right fee is agreed. He added: “I think they are two very important players, with a lot of quality and, if we sell them, we are not going to sell them on the cheap.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like them both to stay. But we cannot discard anything and any of them (the players) could leave at the end of the season.”
City manager Mark Hughes is keen to strengthen his squad in a bid to push for a Champions League place next year.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management