Manager James Webster leaves Brightlingsea Regent after four promotions in seven seasons
- Credit: Archant
Successful Brightlingsea Regent manager James Webster has left the North Road club.
Following a remarkable four promotions in seven years, which has culminated in the R’s playing in step three of non-league for the first-time ever, Webster has resigned to take over the reins at Aveley.
The R’s were crowned Isthiam (Bostik) North champions last season, to win promotion to the Bostik Premier, and they have enjoyed an encouraging first quarter of this campaign.
However, Webster has now decided to take on a new challenge at ambitious Bostik North club Aveley, who moved to an impressive new stadium (Parkside) at the start of this season.
An official statement on the Brightlingsesa Regent website stated: “The club would like to thanks James for his efforts over the past eight seasons, which has been glittered with success.
You may also want to watch:
“Coach Ryan Salter wil take temporary charge of the team.”
Brightlingsea won 2-0 at home to Kingstonian tonight, to move up to ninth in the table. It was their fourth win from five home league games.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Matchday Live: Palace visit Portman Road as fans return
- 10 Town expecting more than 6,000 fans for Crystal Palace friendly
An own goal by Aaron Goode (26 minutes) and a clinical finish by Aaron Condon wrapped up the three points for the R’s against Kingstonian, in front of a crowd of 195.