Manchester United to make shock swoop
MANCHESTER United are ready to move for Micah Richards if rivals Man City finally lose patience with the defender. (Mirror)Richards, 21, has only started eight Premier League games for City this term under manager Mark Hughes.
MANCHESTER United are ready to move for Micah Richards if rivals Man City finally lose patience with the defender. (Mirror)
Richards, 21, has only started eight Premier League games for City this term under manager Mark Hughes.
And the City hierarchy have become increasingly concerned by the defender's erratic performances.
City staff also have worries over the attitude of the former England starlet, who has 12 caps.
You may also want to watch:
Richards, who penned a lucrative five-and-a-half year contract with City in February 2008, has clashed with Hughes in the past.
And if City decide to offload the versatile defender, then United are ready to bid for him.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 6 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of Richards and tried to sign him when he first broke on the scene.
Ferguson is considering his options at right-back with growing concerns about Gary Neville's fitness and Rafael Da Silva's ability.
Ferguson believes his strict man-management could control Richards and United are hoping to do business if City will sell to them.