Marcus Bean poised for loan switch from Colchester United to Portsmouth
- Credit: Su Anderson
Marcus Bean, seemingly surplus to requirements at Colchester United, is poised to sign on loan for Portsmouth.
The 30-year-old midfielder, who has not featured at all under U’s boss Tony Humes, since his appointment to the hot seat at the start of September, should team up with Pompey for this weekend.
“Marcus is going out to Portsmouth,” revealed Humes yesterday.
“We had an enquiry about him this morning (Thursday), so we are just waiting for that to be finalised.
“Hopefully, Marcus can go out and start his career again.
You may also want to watch:
“His career has stalled over the last few weeks, but he’s a good professional and he has been fantastic around the place, without being involved.
“But it’s a great opportunity for Marcus to start his career again, and hopefully he will do well down there.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
“At the minute we have agreed to the deal, Marcus is happy with it, and we are just waiting for the finer details to be organised.
“But as far as we are concerned, if it becomes permanent for Marcus and he fits down there and it works out, then great, it might become a permanent move,” added Humes.
London-born Bean has made 69 league appearances for the U’s, since his switch from Brentford in the summer of 2012.
But he has only played four times this season, and has not figured at all since the 1-0 home defeat to Doncaster Rovers on August 23.