Master and Bopara take awards
DAVID Masters and Ravi Bopara won the Essex Boundary Club Trophies for taking the most wickets and scoring the highest number of runs respectively during all Essex first team matches from the April 2 to August 29 2011.
Masters claimed 92 wickets which was 38 ahead of Tim Phillips (54) while Bopara (1,246 runs) pipped James Foster (1,221) by just 25 runs.
These awards are run in conjunction with the Essex Boundary Club’s Bonanza competition – a grand draw which paid out �1,000 in prize money in 2011.
Essex members and supporters entered the raffle in the hope of being paired with one of the Essex contracted playing staff.
Stage two was for the cash prizes and Christine Ward of Canvey Island was lucky enough to draw Masters and Mr Mark Thomas of Cambridge was paired with Bopara.
You may also want to watch:
They each received �250 and all prizes were sponsored by Purified Air Ltd (Hornchurch).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'