Match off at Bury Town, but on at Leiston
- Credit: Archant
TONIGHT’S Suffolk derby between Bury Town and Lowestoft Town in the Ryman League Premier Division has been called off, but Leiston’s match at home to Wealdstone goes ahead.
An early afternoon pitch inspection at Ram Meadow confirmed that the pitch had not recovered in time from Saturday’s match against Concord Rangers, which Bury lost 4-0, after snow was cleared on the morning of the match in order for it to go ahead.
However, there was better news from Victory Road, which survived a 3pm inspection, so Leiston will return to action for the first time since January 5.
In Ryman League Division One North Needham Market’s match at home to Chatham Town looks set to beat the weather and be played at Bloomfields, where the Marketmen will be bidding to win in the league for the first time this season.
Heybridge Swifts’ match at Thamesmead Town is on, but Maldon & Tiptree’s home game with Brentwood Town has fallen foul of the weather.
No such problem at the Goldstar Ground, where a pitch inspection was not even required to confirm that Felixstowe & Walton United will host Gorleston in the quarter-finals of the Red Insure Cup.
In the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Mildenhall Town’s match at home to Hadleigh United is still on as is the Division One fixture between Brightlingsea Regent and Ipswich Wanderers.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
However, the Stowmarket Town v Great Yarmouth Town and Whitton United v Newmarket Town fixtures have both been postponed.