Match off at Bury Town, but on at Leiston
- Credit: Archant
TONIGHT’S Suffolk derby between Bury Town and Lowestoft Town in the Ryman League Premier Division has been called off, but Leiston’s match at home to Wealdstone goes ahead.
An early afternoon pitch inspection at Ram Meadow confirmed that the pitch had not recovered in time from Saturday’s match against Concord Rangers, which Bury lost 4-0, after snow was cleared on the morning of the match in order for it to go ahead.
However, there was better news from Victory Road, which survived a 3pm inspection, so Leiston will return to action for the first time since January 5.
In Ryman League Division One North Needham Market’s match at home to Chatham Town looks set to beat the weather and be played at Bloomfields, where the Marketmen will be bidding to win in the league for the first time this season.
Heybridge Swifts’ match at Thamesmead Town is on, but Maldon & Tiptree’s home game with Brentwood Town has fallen foul of the weather.
You may also want to watch:
No such problem at the Goldstar Ground, where a pitch inspection was not even required to confirm that Felixstowe & Walton United will host Gorleston in the quarter-finals of the Red Insure Cup.
In the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Mildenhall Town’s match at home to Hadleigh United is still on as is the Division One fixture between Brightlingsea Regent and Ipswich Wanderers.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
However, the Stowmarket Town v Great Yarmouth Town and Whitton United v Newmarket Town fixtures have both been postponed.