Match reaction: New signing Mikael Mandron has his say after Colchester United’s win at Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Mikael Mandron, signed from Wigan Athletic yesterday, made his Colchester United debut as a substitute on the hour mark in today’s 3-0 win at Braintree Town.
Mandron was unlucky not to mark his first outing in a U’s shirt with a goal, having had one shot deflected over the bar, and one well saved by Iron keeper Nathan McDonald, as well as having appeals for a penalty turned down.
“I enjoyed my first appearance for Colchester,” enthused Frenchman Mandron.
“I’ve had a lot of experience playing on loan in League Two (for Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Hartlepool) so I’m looking forward to the new season.
“I’ve come to Colchester to try and get regular first-team football,” added 22-year-old Mandron.
You may also want to watch:
A brace from Sammie Szmodics and a late goal from Louis Dunne saw the U’s to a fifth friendly win on the bounce.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England