Matchwinner Ake looks for Chelmsford start
TAKUMI Ake will be looking for a starting place when Chelmsford City travel to fellow high-flyers Bromley in tonight’s Blue Square Bet South match.
The Japanese winger came off the bench on Saturday to score a 95th minute winner in the 1-0 victory over Weston-super-Mare.
Now he is hoping the late strike, which sent City back into the play-off spots, will spur the Essex side on in the second half of the season.
Ake, who has only just come back from a long-term injury, said: “If you get ten minutes or so you just think about nicking one goal so I was glad that I could do that.
“Hopefully it’s going to be a good season for us. I think we’ve got the best squad in the league so I can see us getting promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
City are currently three points from league leaders Braintree with a game in hand. Bromley are second following a storming start to the campaign and though there have been a few hiccups of late, they have lost just once at Hayes Lane.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies