Matt Briggs could make his long-awaited Colchester United return at Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Matt Briggs could be involved in his first Colchester United match of the season, away at Blackpool this Saturday.
The U’s left-back has been dogged by injury throughout this season, and has in fact only played one full 90 minutes during the last year.
Before his full appearance in the 3-3 home draw against Wigan, last March, the ex-Millwall defender’s previous 90 minutes had been a 3-0 defeat at Scunthorpe on January 23, 2016.
But the talented 25-year-old is on the comeback trail, and is set to travel to Bloomfield Road with the first-team squad this weekend.
Manager John McGreal revealed this afternoon: “Matt (Briggs) has had several games for the under-23s, and has been training with the first-team squad for a while.
“So we have pulled him out of today’s under-23s match (at Bristol City), with a view to him being involved this weekend.
“He will train with the first team for the rest of the week,” added McGreal.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed