Matt Briggs could make his long-awaited Colchester United return at Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Matt Briggs could be involved in his first Colchester United match of the season, away at Blackpool this Saturday.
The U’s left-back has been dogged by injury throughout this season, and has in fact only played one full 90 minutes during the last year.
Before his full appearance in the 3-3 home draw against Wigan, last March, the ex-Millwall defender’s previous 90 minutes had been a 3-0 defeat at Scunthorpe on January 23, 2016.
But the talented 25-year-old is on the comeback trail, and is set to travel to Bloomfield Road with the first-team squad this weekend.
Manager John McGreal revealed this afternoon: “Matt (Briggs) has had several games for the under-23s, and has been training with the first-team squad for a while.
You may also want to watch:
“So we have pulled him out of today’s under-23s match (at Bristol City), with a view to him being involved this weekend.
“He will train with the first team for the rest of the week,” added McGreal.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store