Matt Heath reveals he has been offered a new contract
COLCHESTER United’s experienced centre-half, Matt Heath, has revealed that he has been offered a new deal by the Essex club.
Ex-Leicester and Leeds defender Heath has not featured much in the U’s first team since the turn of the year, due initially to injury, and then later the good form of fellow centre-half Tom Eastman.
The 30-year-old’s current deal expires this summer, but he has now confirmed that he looks set to sign a new deal.
“I would like to stay here, as long as everything is right,” explained Heath.
“We are happy around the area, so yes, I would like to stay.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been offered a new contract. A lot of players have been spoken to, and I’m guessing it’s just a matter of sorting out people’s personal terms.
“It would be nice to be back here in a Colchester shirt for next season.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
“There are so many players who go into a pre-season not knowing where they are going to be playing.
“But I couldn’t think of anything worse than going away and knowing that you are going to have to go around places on trial.
“So it would be nice to get something sorted before I say goodbye to everyone this summer.
“I’ve had four full seasons at Colchester, and another part-one, so I’ve been here a while.
“In fact, it’s the longest I have been at any one club, apart from in the youth team maybe. I’ve enjoyed my time here, and I would like it to continue.
“Colchester is a good family club, and although we are not a massive club, everyone works together.
“It’s a nice place to be at,” added Heath.