Mayhew scores for Brantham on debut
JOSH Mayhew scored on his debut for Brantham Athletic in their 2-1 Ridgeons League Premier Division victory over Kirkley & Pakefield yesterday after completing his move from Woodbridge Town.
Mayhew, who was on trial at Ryman League Division One North side Needham Market at the start of the season after leaving Hadleigh United, was one of several players making their first appearances for new clubs yesterday.
Ryan Foster has returned to Walsham-le-Willows and was one of the star performers in their 1-1 draw at home to Felixstowe & Walton United.
Foster, who was recently released from his contract with Needham Market, has returned to Walsham where he enjoyed a successful season before moving on to fellow Ridgeons League sides Mildenhall Town, Dereham Town and Norwich United.
Luke Ingram made his debut for Hadleigh United in their 3-2 win at Gorleston, after signing from Ryman League Premier Division club Bury Town. Christy Finch, who had been on loan at Gorleston for the past three months from Lowestoft Town, celebrated making his move permanent by scoring twice yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
John Sands, who was due to join Bury Town on loan from Mildenhall Town subject to completing a medical, was not involved in yesterday’s 2-1 defeat at Harrow Borough.
The prolific goalscorer was close to signing a contract at Cambridge United at the start of this season before he suffered an injury and returned to Mildenhall.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12