McDonald on his way out of Town
DEAN McDonald is on his way from Ipswich after being told he will not be offered a new contract.The 20-year-old forward was given the news yesterday by Town boss Joe Royle, who is also set to welcome back Dean Bowditch after two months on loan at Wycombe.
By Mel Henderson
DEAN McDonald is on his way from Ipswich after being told he will not be offered a new contract.
The 20-year-old forward was given the news yesterday by Town boss Joe Royle, who is also set to welcome back Dean Bowditch after two months on loan at Wycombe.
Former Arsenal youngster McDonald played in Saturday's 1-1 home draw with Hull, coming on before half time for Ian Westlake, whose season is over as a result of the ankle injury he sustained in a challenge with ex-Ipswich trialist Rui Marques.
You may also want to watch:
McDonald was on loan at Hartlepool earlier this season and Town turned down a £75,000 offer from the North East club, who were keen to keep hold of him.
Royle said: “I have spoken to Dean and his agent and told them we will not be offering anything for next season.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 8 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop