McDonnell to start for Ipswich Town at Derby County
Midfielder Adam McDonnell will start Ipswich Town’s clash with Derby County on Saturday.
The Irishman made his Ipswich debut in the League Cup win at Doncaster last August but hasn’t played since, although he was on the bench for Saturday’s win over MK Dons.
McDonnell’s time at Ipswich has been disrupted by red tape, which prevented him from playing following his arrival from Shelbourne, but he will now start at the iPro Stadium.
“We think a lot of him, he’s not had his opportunity and he’ll start on Saturday,” McCarthy said.
Danish full-back Jonas Knudsen is likely to miss out, with Myles Kenlock likely to start in his place once again.
Both Knudsen and captain Luke Chambers missed last weekend’s victory over MK Dons with knocks, with Kenlock and Emmanuel taking their places and performing well.
You may also want to watch:
Chambers is fit to return but Knudsen is likely to miss out again, with Kenlock likely to replace him.
“Chambo’s fine but Jonas still has a bit of issue with his knee, so probably not,” he said.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
“It was great watching him (Kenlock) play last week and I think he got better. I thought Josh had a really good first half and Myles had just as good a second.”