McGoldrick raring to go as he bids to help Ipswich Town’s play-off bid
Striker David McGoldrick is raring to go as he bids to help Ipswich Town make a real push for the play-offs after returning from injury.
The forward made his return from hamstring trouble at Wolves on Saturday, having not played since December, as he played the final three minutes of the 0-0 draw at Molineux.
McGoldrick is set to be involved again this evening as the Blues take on Charlton at Portman Road and is looking to make his mark.
“It was great to be back out there, even though it was only a cameo appearance. But, it felt great to be a part of things again,” he told the club website.
“I’ve had a torrid time with injuries recently, so it was great to be involved. Obviously I would have liked to have played longer but that’s down to the gaffer and he knows best. I’m sure my chance will come.
You may also want to watch:
“My fitness is feeling good, I’ve been training for around four weeks now – I just need to get that match sharpness back.
“That will come though and the gaffer will get me back in when he feels the time is right.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
“I’m back now and the smile is back on my face. Now I just want to play my part and hopefully help the boys get into the play-offs.”
McGoldrick is likely to be on the bench once again this evening, where he will be joined by Teddy Bishop who is hoping to make his own return having not kicked a ball this season.