Mick McCarthy nominated for Championship manager of the month award for December
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy is among the nominees for Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for December.
McCarthy, who won the award for the month of November, is up against Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough), Steve Evans (Leeds) and Dean Smith (Brentford).
Ipswich won four of their six matches last month, beating MK Dons (1-0 away), Fulham (2-1 away), QPR (2-1 at home) and Brighton (1-0 away).
Their two defeats came at home against the current top two, Middlesbrough (2-0) and Derby (1-0), and were by narrow margins.
Those up for Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month are Tom Ince (Derby), Fernando Forestieri (Sheffield Wednesday), Adam Clayton (Middlesbrough) and Matt Mills (Nottingham Forest).
You may also want to watch:
Winners will be announced tomorrow morning.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan