Mid Suffolk Gymnastics Club scoop 17 magnificent medals
Mid Suffolk Gymnastics Club, a charity-run club based at the Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre in Stowmarket, took part in three competitions recently, bringing home a fantastic 17 medals.
On May 27, Mid Suffolk entered 15 gymnasts across the various age groups at the Bury Spectrum Gymnastics Centre for the Friendly Floor and Vault competition and won three gold and three bronze medals. A large entry of 220 gymnasts from 13 clubs from the Eastern Counties took part in this competition.
In the Friendly Novice, again at Bury Spectrum on June 18, Mid Suffolk entered eight gymnasts to compete on asymmetric bars, floor, vault and beam. There was tough competition in some of the age categories and Mid Suffolk performed very strongly bringing home two gold and three bronze medals.
On June 30, gymnasts travelled to the Ipswich Gymnastics Centre to take part in the Suffolk County Floor and Vault Competition. Mid Suffolk entered ten gymnasts in this event and secured one gold, two silver and four bronze.
The club would like to thank all the coaches who give up their time unpaid to help train the gymnasts and support them during these competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Friendly Floor and Vault: 7/8 age group: Sophie Walker (Gold) 21.70, Tizzy Wasley (8th); 9/10: Megan Jack (Gold) 23.25, Niamh Towler (Bronze) 22.90, Sophie Barrett (5th) 22.25, Keeley Mae Morris (12th) 21.75. 10/11: Jasmine Chittock (Gold) 23.30, Holly Rookyard (Bronze) 23.00, Piper Wasley (5th) 22.50, Natasha Baker (13th) 21.70. 11/12: Emily Mills (4th) 21.50, Hope Parkinson (7th) 21.35, Sophie Wiseman (17th) 20.35. 12/13: Abbie Oliver-Wilson (Bronze) 22.00.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 7 Matchday live: Bonne misses golden chance as Owls take half-time lead
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
Friendly Novice: 7/8 Sophie Walker (Bronze) 42.95, Madison Payne (6th); 9/10 Megan Jack (Gold) 46.35, Niamh Towler (Bronze) 45.35; 10/11 Holly Rookyard (Gold) 47.00, Jasmine Chittock (Bronze) 45.35; 11/12 Emily Mills 42.75; Abbie Oliver-Wilson (4th) 43.05.
Suffolk County Floor & Vault: 6/7 Darcy Pickett (Bronze) 19.40, Keeva Short (5th) 18.00; 7/8 Sophie Walker (Silver) 22.00; 9/10 Niamh Towler (Gold) 22.10, Megan Jack (Bronze) 21.85; 10/11 Jasmine Chittock (Silver) 21.90, Holly Rookyard (Bronze) 21.85; 11/12 Emily Mills (5th) 22.00, Hope Parkinson (8th) 21.55; 12-14 Abbie Oliver-Wilson (Bronze) 21.40.