Mildenhall Fen Tigers’ trip to Lakeside is called off as another speedway meeting falls victim to the wet weather
- Credit: Archant
Lakeside have pulled the plug on tonight’s league clash with Mildenhall at the Arena-Essex Raceway.
Heavy rain has already left the track waterlogged and further heavy downpours are expected throughout the day.
Vortex Hammers co-boss Jon Cook said: “This is an early decision in the best interests of all parties concerned.
“It minimises inconvenience for fans, riders and officials although we are naturally always disappointed when having to make a call like this.”
The next home meeting is now on Sunday week, May 28, when Cradley Heath visit in more Travel Plus National League action.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s a big meeting for us,” said Cook. “We are trying Sunday racing at the Raceway and the response from supporters in terms of numbers will be important.
“We look forward to welcoming everyone for what promises to be a super meeting with some of the top riders in the league doing battle.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Mildenhall, meanwhile entertain a Young Lions side at West Row on Sunday, 4pm.