Mildenhall sign step four midfielder
MILDENHALL Town have announced the signing of talented midfield player Aaron Turner on a two year contract.Turner made 41 appearances for Soham Town Rangers last season in the British Gas Southern League Midlands Division One and was an integral part of the club's Ridgeons League championship winning side in 2008/09.
MILDENHALL Town have announced the signing of talented midfield player Aaron Turner on a two year contract.
Turner made 41 appearances for Soham Town Rangers last season in the British Gas Southern League Midlands Division One and was an integral part of the club's Ridgeons League championship winning side in 2008/09.
Turner said: “I have joined Mildenhall because I believe they are a club with a fantastic future which includes a new stadium and training facilities.
“Also, I am excited to be playing under the guidance of Mildenhall Town's manager Simon Charlton, I have heard so much about his coaching skills and I want to be part of the team that he is building.”
You may also want to watch:
Charlton said: “I am delighted that Aaron has joined us, he is just the type of player that I want to bring to Mildenhall, young and talented with a desire to go places.
“I am really looking forward to working with him and developing his talents by passing on my experience.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
“Aaron's signing emphasises the direction that Mildenhall Town are now taking by developing a team of good young committed players, rather than with journeymen who are always looking around the corner.”
Mildenhall chairman Martin Tuck said: “Aaron's signing is fantastic news for our club and it comes in the same week as goalkeeper Josh Pope committed himself for two more seasons.
“In addition, Luke Bailey signed a two year deal earlier this month and with John Sands, our young scoring talent, already signed for the same period, we are certainly planning for the future.”