Mildenhall swoop for two players
MILDENHALL Town manager Simon Charlton has been busy adding to his Mildenhall Town squad with the signing of two players.
Football: Mildenhall Town manager Simon Charlton has been busy adding to his Mildenhall Town squad with the signing of two players.
Joining the former Bolton Wanderers star's side are Andrew Cusack and Ben Deacon from Ridgeons Premier League rivals Walsham-le-Willows and Debenham LC respectively.
Left back Cusack leaves Summer Road having won the supporter's player of the year award last season while Deacon will be a familiar face to those at Mildenhall, having scored an exquisite chipped goal when Debenham won 4-2 at Recreation Way earlier in the season.
On Cusack, the 'Hall boss says: “We have been playing without a natural full back on both sides for some time now.
“I've seen Andy play a few times now and he has a great left foot with bags of pace.
Former Diss Town striker Deacon has found the net 10 times for the Hornets this term, and Charlton admits the frontman made a big impression on him during his side's two games with Debenham.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
“Ben has caused us more problems than any other forward over both games this season. Having spoken to him, he's made it clear wanted a fresh challenge and I believe our style of play can help improve his game.”