Mildenhall swoop for two players
MILDENHALL Town manager Simon Charlton has been busy adding to his Mildenhall Town squad with the signing of two players.
Football: Mildenhall Town manager Simon Charlton has been busy adding to his Mildenhall Town squad with the signing of two players.
Joining the former Bolton Wanderers star's side are Andrew Cusack and Ben Deacon from Ridgeons Premier League rivals Walsham-le-Willows and Debenham LC respectively.
Left back Cusack leaves Summer Road having won the supporter's player of the year award last season while Deacon will be a familiar face to those at Mildenhall, having scored an exquisite chipped goal when Debenham won 4-2 at Recreation Way earlier in the season.
On Cusack, the 'Hall boss says: “We have been playing without a natural full back on both sides for some time now.
You may also want to watch:
“I've seen Andy play a few times now and he has a great left foot with bags of pace.
Former Diss Town striker Deacon has found the net 10 times for the Hornets this term, and Charlton admits the frontman made a big impression on him during his side's two games with Debenham.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
“Ben has caused us more problems than any other forward over both games this season. Having spoken to him, he's made it clear wanted a fresh challenge and I believe our style of play can help improve his game.”