Millennium meeting decided at final hole
THE Millennium meeting of the Suffolk Winter Alliance at Rookery Park was played in a chill wind, an occasional shower and spells of sunshine.The better ball team event was settled on a count-back that went to the very last hole.
THE Millennium meeting of the Suffolk Winter Alliance at Rookery Park was played in a chill wind, an occasional shower and spells of sunshine.
The better ball team event was settled on a count-back that went to the very last hole. Nick Denny of Fynn Valley and Paul Boswell of Waldringfield picked up three points on the 18th while Gary Borthwick and Steve Murphy of Stoke by Nayland managed only two.
It was a difficult day for scoring with only three pairs reaching 40 points. Mike Noble and Mark Etheridge of Waldringfield took the third prize.
You may also want to watch:
There were four professionals in the field. Robin Mann (Felixstowe Golf Range) and Steven Moye (Haverhill) shared top spot with six over par 78. Stuart Robertson (Ufford Park) and Shane Constable (Stoke by Nayland) both had 84. Moye consolidated his position as leading professional in the Order of Merit.
The Junior Alliance at Rushmere is on March 27 with the final two meetings of the season at Diss on March 30 and a charity event at Halesworth on April 9.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
42pts: Nick Denny Fynn Valley) and Paul Boswell (Waldringfield) beat Gary Borthwick and Steve Murphy (Stoke by Nayland) on count back on last hole.
40: Mike Noble and Mark Etheridge (Waldringfield).
39: R Dzierozynski and S Banthorpe; N Smith and A Cornwell.
38: P McGarr and W Penman, P Presland and T Holley.
37: G Ashcroft and C Sisson, K Rooney and A Frost.
36: B Banthorpe and N Sage, S Moye and E Bareham, M Jackson and I Maxfield.
35: C Briggs and G Bush, P Walters and A Rose, D Walker and K Jameson, D Leeder and A Richardson, S Clark and J Partridge, M Thomas and D Bloom.
34: G Vandervord and J Smith, K Brett and H Foster, C Brown and C Marjoram, R Mann and J Whiting, D Daniel and C George.
33: D Cohen and L Chandler, N Pusey and T Paine, G Cook and T Burn, L Emmerson and B Darling, C Aldous and S Robertson.
31: S Gray and T Evans, S Larkin and R Toone.
30: P Jiggens and S Constable.
23: A Davey and D Maskell.