Morale-boosting win for Braintree
Braintree Town recorded a morale-boosting 1-0 win over League One new boys Dagenham & Redbridge at Cressing Road on Saturday.
BRAINTREE Town recorded a morale-boosting win over League One new boys Dagenham & Redbridge at Cressing Road on Saturday.
Rod Stringer’s new-look Blue Square South side were on top for much of a goal-less first half as Kenny Davis had a header well saved by keeper Chris Lewington and another effort scrambled off the line.
Reece Harris looked impressive on the left, with Adam Bailey-Dennis and Matt Paine commanding at the back against their higher level opponents.
The Iron continued to dominate after the break and after Mike Power and Sam Lechmere had both been denied by the keeper, they finally broke the deadlock with five minutes remaining when Bradley Quinton’s pass took a kind deflection off the referee to allow Davis to race forward and stab home from 12 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, new Iron boss Stringer has released five players in the form of Robbie Martin, James Hawes, Louis Riddle, Martin Touhy and Ryan Doyle.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk