More games being covered by qualified referees in Suffolk
SINCE the appointment of Nick Cooper as referee administration officer at Suffolk FA earlier this year, one of his main focuses was to increase the percentage of games covered by qualified referees within Suffolk.
Nick has increased the coverage to approximately 85% within the Ipswich and Suffolk South Youth League (Sunday) and in the Women’s League he can boast on most weeks 100% coverage.
One local referee stated: “I am pleasantly surprised how competitive the games have been and have really appreciated the hospitality of the clubs and teams.”
In the Ipswich & South Suffolk Youth League (Sunday) approximately 85% of all games in all age groups are now being covered.
Allan Girot, secretary of the league, said: “I am delighted how our partnership with Suffolk FA referees is working; Nick has worked hard in working with the clubs to get referees on our games.”
You may also want to watch:
Colin Hills, referee development manager, Suffolk FA: “One of my remits when I was inaugurated last November was to increase percentage increase of games that were covered in the leagues. I am delighted that all the hard work we have put in and the cooperation between the leagues, teams and Suffolk FA has come to fruition. Our aim moving forward is to increase on the 85%.”
If you would like to referee on these leagues or interested in becoming a referee please contact either Nick Cooper, referee administration officer via email@example.com or Colin Hills, referee development manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon