Moyes looks at French Fanni
EVERTON boss David Moyes is eyeing up a �6million summer move for Rennes full-back Rod Fanni. (The Sun)The Toffees manager was in France on Wednesday night to have a first-hand look at Fanni in Rennes' 3-2 home defeat by Bordeaux.
EVERTON boss David Moyes is eyeing up a �6million summer move for Rennes full-back Rod Fanni. (The Sun)
The Toffees manager was in France on Wednesday night to have a first-hand look at Fanni in Rennes' 3-2 home defeat by Bordeaux.
A Rennes insider said: “Mr Moyes was here and we understand he's interested in Rod. We'll see what will happen at the end of the season.”
The 27-year-old Fanni has two years left on his contract and has been an ever-present in the French league this season. He has also broken into the France first team and has earned two caps.
You may also want to watch:
But Everton have been thwarted in their attempts to sign Porto star Raul Meireles as the midfielder has signed a contract extension with the Portuguese league leaders.
Meireles was high on Moyes' list of summer targets, but the 26-year-old penned a new deal at the Estadio Dragao that takes him through to 2013.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
Meireles, who impressed during Porto's Champions League clashes with Manchester United, was valued at �8m - but now has a hefty �30m get-out clause.
But the midfielder will not rule out a move to England in the future.
He said: “I am happy at Porto and want to win titles. Go abroad? You can never rule anything out but it would have to be positive for everyone involved.”