Murray parts company with Gilbert
BRITAIN'S No.1 tennis star, Andy Murray has parted company with coach Brad Gilbert.The American has been coaching the current world number 11 since June 2006 after signing a three-year contract with the Lawn Tennis Association.
BRITAIN'S No.1 tennis star, Andy Murray has parted company with coach Brad Gilbert.
The American has been coaching the current world number 11 since June 2006 after signing a three-year contract with the Lawn Tennis Association.
But following speculation of a deteriorating personal relationship, Murray said: "Despite being injured for almost four months this year, I am pleased with my 2007 results and am very grateful for the help that the LTA have given me by providing Brad Gilbert as a coach.
"But the time has come to move on to the next stage of my career.
You may also want to watch:
"I am ranked 11 in the world and can now afford to pay my own way and so will now hire a team of experts each to fulfil a specified role in the development of my tennis and fitness."
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 4 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 One person taken to hospital after A12 crash
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'