Needham Market to launch Supporters’ and Travel Club
NEEDHAM Market fans are to launch their own ‘Supporters and Travel Club’ this season.
Mick Coombes, a former chairman of the club, has sent a letter addressed to all supporters of the football club advising all that he and his son Gary are to launch the club.
He states: “The main objective of this newly-formed part of the club is to give our supporters an opportunity to provide their views to the club and to share with their fellow supporters the enjoyment of being a dedicated fan including incentives.”
Mick has been associated with the club for over 14 years and he sees this as an ideal time to celebrate the achievements of the team.
“Over the past four seasons Danny Laws and his team have given us some wonderful memories where we have never finished outside the top four of The Ridgeons (Eastern Counties) League culminating in a historic league and cup double last season. Add to that three tremendous FA Vase runs and three Suffolk Premier Cup Finals, we as supporters have ‘never had it so good’.”
He is calling upon all supporters of the club to “raise the crossbar and give them every ounce of our support and make sure we and the team continue the great work of the past few seasons in our new challenge in the Ryman League.”
Each member of this new initiative will benefit from a range of incentives including a membership card and number, a League and Cup double winning scarf, be entered into draw for free ticket for next home game, discounts at the supporters’ club shop plus discounts from the club’s sponsors on their products and services.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 6 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
A number of events and functions will also be arranged, the first of these will be ‘Fans’ Forum’ to be held in the clubhouse on Thursday, August 19 at 7pm, when there will be a small programme of events culminating in a session of questions and answers with Danny Laws and a panel comprising members of the squad and the committee.