Newson agrees to stay at Stanway
HOT-SHOT Sam Newson has agreed to stay at Stanway Rovers for the coming season. There was obvious attention surrounding the striker following his 51 goals last season, including the two which saw Stanway lift the Ridgeons League Cup with victory over Leiston in the final.
HOT-SHOT Sam Newson has agreed to stay at Stanway Rovers for the coming season.
There was obvious attention surrounding the striker following his 51 goals last season, including the two which saw Stanway lift the Ridgeons League Cup with victory over Leiston in the final.
But Sam has remained loyal to the Rovers by turning down big money deals and offers from other Ridgeons clubs as well as Ryman League and Southern League clubs to remain at the Rovers for another season.
New first-team manager Steve Downey stated: “I'm delighted to keep Sam. He is an exceptional talent and I hope he can progress from last season's excellent performance.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben Newson has also agreed to stay for another year, re-signing his contract after lots of interest in the Rovers right midfielder. Ben scored 16 goals from midfield last season and continued his excellent form throughout the season. Both players have been in pre-season training and look forward to the first friendly on Saturday at Shrub End against Stansted FC.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices