‘No one knows who is starting’ – Colchester United ace Sanchez Watt
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Two-goal hero Sanchez Watt admits that it’s a real fight to get into Colchester United’s starting XI at the moment – although he himself looks like being a permanent fixture in Joe Dunne’s side.
Watt has proved his fitness, over the last couple of weeks, with a couple of fine displays against Gillingham (3-0 win) and at Carlisle (4-2 victory) on Saturday.
The ex-Arsenal winger has plundered three goals in those last two outings, to put all his injury woes behind him.
But the U’s squad is so brimming with talent, that places are hard to come by in the U’s team.
“Look at our squad, and the people on the bench. Freddie Sears didn’t even get on!” explained Watt, following the big win at Brunton Park.
You may also want to watch:
Sears was an unused substitute, on his return from a troublesome hamstring injury.
Watt continued: “Freddie is a big player for us, but he didn’t play.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“All the injured players are coming back, and we now have people who should be starting, but are only on the bench.
“We are all fighting for positions and no one knows who is starting.”
The U’s, who are up to 12th in the League One table, have no game next weekend. Their next fixture is at home to Shrewsbury on Tuesday week.
See today’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper for a full match report, quotes and pictures from the U’s fantastic 4-2 win at Carlisle.