Suffolk non-league game abandoned after 'racial comment'
- Credit: Archant
A Thurlow Nunn Division One South non-league game in Suffolk was abandoned on Saturday afternoon after accusations of a 'racial comment' to a player.
Ipswich Wanderers were playing London-based Brimsdown FC at Humber Doucy Lane when the game was called off just after half-time.
In a tweet Brimsdown said one of their players was subjected to a 'racial comment' from an away fan (correcting original tweet to say 'home team fan') - and with that the team walked off. Brimsdown said they did not hold the home team responsible.
Wanderers chairman Stephen Boyle said: "Ipswich Wanderers is one of the most multi-racial clubs in Suffolk.
"We are a club of huge diversity as are the clubs who also play at Humber Doucy Lane. We do not condone racism in any form and will co-operate fully with any enquiry."
An enquiry that will obviously take place.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside