Non-league programme is decimated
- Credit: Archant
THE non-league programme has been left decimated by the wintry conditions which have swept across Suffolk and north east Essex.
By late afternoon only a handful of matches involving local sides were still on, although that may yet change after tonight.
Chelmsford City’s Blue Square Bet South fixture at home to AFC Hornchurch tomorrow was called off earlier today, following in the footsteps of tonight’s Blue Square Bet Premier match between Braintree Town and Grimsby Town.
In the Ryman League Premier Division tomorrow Harrow Borough v Bury Town, Kingstonian v Lowestoft Town and Leiston v Hendon all failed pitch inspections.
The scheduled Division One North matches tomorrow involving Chatham Town v Witham, Waltham Abbey v Needham Market and AFC Sudbury v Waltham Forest have all been postponed.
You may also want to watch:
The Ware v Maldon & Tiptree fixture will hinge on a 10am pitch inspection tomorrow, but there are no plans at the moment to inspect at Heybridge, who entertain Potters Bar.
Hadleigh United’s FA Vase fourth round tie at AFC Emley tomorrow also fell victim to the wintry weather today, just as Brantham Athletic’s tie at home to Whitley Bay had done on Thursday. Both ties have been re-arranged for next Saturday.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
All tomorrow’s scheduled matches in the Thurlow Nunn League, the Touchline SIL and the Kent Blaxill Border League have been postponed.
In the SIL the Bob Coleman Cup fourth round ties due to take place tomorrow will now be rescheduled to Saturday, February 9.
However, the draw for the quarter-finals will go ahead live on BBC Radio Suffolk around 5.30pm tomorrow.
Spectators are advised to check with clubs before setting out to watch a game.