NON LEAGUE: Victories for Leiston, Lowestoft, Needham Market and Braintree Town
Gareth Heaths’s 60th minute goal gave Leiston a fully-deserved three points against Margate at Victory Road on Tuesday night.
After a uneventful opening period, the Blues upped the tempo in the second half with Heath finishing superbly after a great team move including Manny Osei and Leon Ottley-Gooch.
The margin of Leiston’s win should have been extended but Osei and Joe Francis wasted gilt-edged chances to wrap the game up.
Meanwhile, Kem Izzet’s 81st-minute strike gave Needham Market a 2-1 victory over Heybridge Swifts at Bloomfields, in Ryman League Division One North.
Sam Newson gave Needham the lead but Bloomfields old boy Jamie Guy levelled the game.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the division’s bottom team Ware shocked Maldon & Tiptree, the hosts winning 2-1, while Witham Town drew 1-1 at home to Dereham. Lowestoft Town won 1-0 at Billericay in the Ryman Premier thanks to a Chris Henderson strike.
Elsewhere, Braintree Town secured a 1-0 Skrill Premier victory at home to play-off chasing Cambridge United.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Dan Sparkes scored the only goal of the game on 67 minutes, finishing after good work from Bernard Mensah.