NON LEAGUE: Victories for Leiston, Lowestoft, Needham Market and Braintree Town
Gareth Heaths’s 60th minute goal gave Leiston a fully-deserved three points against Margate at Victory Road on Tuesday night.
After a uneventful opening period, the Blues upped the tempo in the second half with Heath finishing superbly after a great team move including Manny Osei and Leon Ottley-Gooch.
The margin of Leiston’s win should have been extended but Osei and Joe Francis wasted gilt-edged chances to wrap the game up.
Meanwhile, Kem Izzet’s 81st-minute strike gave Needham Market a 2-1 victory over Heybridge Swifts at Bloomfields, in Ryman League Division One North.
Sam Newson gave Needham the lead but Bloomfields old boy Jamie Guy levelled the game.
Meanwhile, the division’s bottom team Ware shocked Maldon & Tiptree, the hosts winning 2-1, while Witham Town drew 1-1 at home to Dereham. Lowestoft Town won 1-0 at Billericay in the Ryman Premier thanks to a Chris Henderson strike.
Elsewhere, Braintree Town secured a 1-0 Skrill Premier victory at home to play-off chasing Cambridge United.
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase
Dan Sparkes scored the only goal of the game on 67 minutes, finishing after good work from Bernard Mensah.