Norwich City v Ipswich Town betting: Who are the punters backing?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich Town travel to old rivals Norwich City looking for their first win since 2009 in the East Anglian derby tomorrow at 12 noon – here’s how the betting looks for the big clash.
Punter fancy the Canaries to continue their dominance in the fixture, with around 58% of all bets laid on the game going on a Norwich win at odds of around 14/19, according to Oddschecker.
There are some backing a Town win though – which would be the first in the fixture since 2009, and the first at Carrow Road since 2006 – with 27% of bets on the away win at odds of around 5/1.
MORE: Team news for derby day
The remaining 15% of bets are on a draw, at odds of 29/10.
Norwich striker Nelson Oliveira is the favourite in the first goalscorer market at around 7/2, with Joe Garner Town’s first option in that market at 8/1.
You can get 14/1 if you fancy a moment of magic from Bersant Celina to open the scoring, or 75/1 if you think Jonas Knudsen, who scored in both derbies last season, will get the first on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The bookies are tipping a 1-0 Norwich win, at odds of 5/1, followed by a 1-1 draw at 11/2.
You can get 14/1 on a 1-0 Town win - longer odds than a 2-0, 2-1 and 3-0 win for Norwich.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week