Norwich City v Ipswich Town at Carrow Road: Haynes’ late winner and Texaco Cup final triumph
With the second East Anglian derby of the season this weekend, we take a look back at some memorable games against Norwich at Carrow Road down the years, including Danny Haynes’ famous late winner and the Texaco Cup final triumph...
Luke Chambers scored a bullet header just a minute to go at Carrow Road last season, but Timm Klose’s header deep into stoppage time for Norwich denied Ipswich a first East Anglian derby win since 2009.
Danny Haynes scored a 88th minute winner as Town came from behind to beat Norwich 2-1 at Carrow Road to give the Blues a deserved derby win in February 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Fabian Wilnis and Darren Bent scored as Town comfortably defeated the Canaries 2-0 at Carrow Road in March 2003, with 16-year-old Dean Bowditch setting up both goals on his debut.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 A12 closed following serious collision
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
PREMIER LEAGUE WIN
Chris Kiwomya and Neil Thompson scored as Town beat Norwich 2-0 at Carrow Road in the top flight to end their unbeaten home record that season, in December 1992.
TEXACO CUP FINAL WIN
Town beat Norwich 2-1 in the second leg of the Texaco Cup final at Carrow Road in May 1973, thanks to goals from Trevor Whymark and Clive Woods, to lift the trophy 4-2 on aggregate.