Norwich City v Ipswich Town at Carrow Road: Haynes’ late winner and Texaco Cup final triumph
With the second East Anglian derby of the season this weekend, we take a look back at some memorable games against Norwich at Carrow Road down the years, including Danny Haynes’ famous late winner and the Texaco Cup final triumph...
Luke Chambers scored a bullet header just a minute to go at Carrow Road last season, but Timm Klose’s header deep into stoppage time for Norwich denied Ipswich a first East Anglian derby win since 2009.
Danny Haynes scored a 88th minute winner as Town came from behind to beat Norwich 2-1 at Carrow Road to give the Blues a deserved derby win in February 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Fabian Wilnis and Darren Bent scored as Town comfortably defeated the Canaries 2-0 at Carrow Road in March 2003, with 16-year-old Dean Bowditch setting up both goals on his debut.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
PREMIER LEAGUE WIN
Chris Kiwomya and Neil Thompson scored as Town beat Norwich 2-0 at Carrow Road in the top flight to end their unbeaten home record that season, in December 1992.
TEXACO CUP FINAL WIN
Town beat Norwich 2-1 in the second leg of the Texaco Cup final at Carrow Road in May 1973, thanks to goals from Trevor Whymark and Clive Woods, to lift the trophy 4-2 on aggregate.