O’Toole to miss out on Carlisle test
COLCHESTER United midfielder John-Joe O’Toole, on the comeback trail after injury, will not be risked for this Saturday’s visit of Carlisle.
O’Toole scored twice in a friendly fixture against West Ham on Tuesday, helping the U’s to a 2-1 victory over the young Hammers.
However, manager Joe Dunne believes that it is still too soon to risk O’Toole returning to the first team – he has not started a game since the 1-1 draw against Sheffield United on August 25.
“John-Joe is not there quite yet,” revealed Dunne during this morning’s press conference at the U’s training ground at Florence Park.
“More work is needed, but he is very close to a return.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he needs another game and he needs another week of hard training.
“I don’t want to give false hope to anyone,” added Dunne.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
O’Toole has been hampered by a groin injury in recent weeks and has been nursed back slowly to full fitness.
Defender Matt Heath (hamstring) and midfielder Kem Izzet (hip) will also miss Saturday’s home game against mid-table Carlisle.