Ogogo moves a step closer to London
ANTHONY OGOGO faces Russian number four seed Artem Chebotarev, in Baku tomorrow (Monday), in the second round of the World Amateur Boxing Championships.
The 22-year-old from Lowestoft successfully overcame the challenge of South Korea’s Sung Woo on Saturday night in their 75kg middleweight bout.
Ogogo secured his spot in the last 32 with a stunning 17-7 win/
The 22-year-old Triple A boxer became the latest Great Britain squad member to progress through the early stages of the World Championships in Baku, after a comprehensive victory over Sung Woo of South Korea last night (Saturday).
Ogogo’s opening preliminary bout in the 75kg middeweight category saw him produce a composed performance to progress into the last 32 with an impressive 17-7 win over Woo.
You may also want to watch:
Chebotarev stopped Muza Ngozo in the second round of their encounter on Saturday to set up a clash with Ogogo tomorrow.
Ogogo is potentially just two victories away now from securing a place in the last eight - with the quarter finals the automatic qualification standard for next year’s London 2012 Olympic Games.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich