Old Southendians III 3 IES IV 2
Division 7SEOld Southendians III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2Ipswich East Suffolk IV were left disappointed after their trip to a grey, wet coast.IES started brightly and could have taken the lead from a swift, flowing move down the right in the opening minutes.
Old Southendians III 3 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 2
Ipswich East Suffolk IV were left disappointed after their trip to a grey, wet coast.
IES started brightly and could have taken the lead from a swift, flowing move down the right in the opening minutes. The visitors then contrived to leak three goals in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
The OS keeper earned his corn time after time as IES peppered his goal with shots both from open play and from penalty corners. Then, in the last minute of the first half, a penalty flick was awarded which Keedle converted off the inside of the post.
Two goals to the bad starting the second half, IES never believed that that they could lose the game. They played some of their best hockey of the season as they continued to attack the OS goal, both building attacks and breaking quickly from defence. Despite sustained pressure, OS defended heroically, including a chest high save on the line by the last defender following a reverse strike from Whiting.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
Clark's penalty corner strike in the last minute of the match was too late to prevent IES defeat.