On the run: Spotlight on Kesgrave parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s 181st staging of the Kesgrave parkrun
A bumper field of nearly 400 runners, joggers and walkers turned up to take part in the 181st staging of the Kesgrave parkrun, held from the Millennium Jubilee Hall in Kesgrave on Saturday morning.
James Wilson, of the Saxons (Saxmundham Running & Fitness) was the first of the 393 finishers in a time of 17mins 27secs for the two-lap 5K course, a little adrift of his PB of 16:59.
Teenager Matthew Snowdon, of Ipswich Harriers, was second home in 17:50, running in the 15-17 year-old age group, while James Gibson, of the Army AA, was third in 17:53. It was his 85th parkrun. Harriers’ Thomas Abbott chalked up his 104th parkrun (18:12) in fourth.
Ipswich JAFFA’s Rachel Hamblyn was the first female in 21:01. It was her 83rd parkrun.
You may also want to watch:
Those completing their first-ever parkruns included Steve Froud, Danny Whitehouse, Mark Gleen, James Wilkinson, Marie Barker, George Sfakianakis, Simon Black, Tony Ryder, Kerry Wade, Lone Thomas, Richard Egan, Alison Armes, Alice Irving, Sharon Stopher and Natalie Buffery.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening