On the run: Spotlight on Kesgrave parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s 181st staging of the Kesgrave parkrun
A bumper field of nearly 400 runners, joggers and walkers turned up to take part in the 181st staging of the Kesgrave parkrun, held from the Millennium Jubilee Hall in Kesgrave on Saturday morning.
James Wilson, of the Saxons (Saxmundham Running & Fitness) was the first of the 393 finishers in a time of 17mins 27secs for the two-lap 5K course, a little adrift of his PB of 16:59.
Teenager Matthew Snowdon, of Ipswich Harriers, was second home in 17:50, running in the 15-17 year-old age group, while James Gibson, of the Army AA, was third in 17:53. It was his 85th parkrun. Harriers’ Thomas Abbott chalked up his 104th parkrun (18:12) in fourth.
Ipswich JAFFA’s Rachel Hamblyn was the first female in 21:01. It was her 83rd parkrun.
Those completing their first-ever parkruns included Steve Froud, Danny Whitehouse, Mark Gleen, James Wilkinson, Marie Barker, George Sfakianakis, Simon Black, Tony Ryder, Kerry Wade, Lone Thomas, Richard Egan, Alison Armes, Alice Irving, Sharon Stopher and Natalie Buffery.
- 1 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 2 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 5 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 6 Five Suffolk schools in top Covid tier due to high infection rates
- 7 Mike Bacon on Town: Just a tweak here and there, I'll start with this one
- 8 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 9 Firefighters tackle recycling lorry blaze in Suffolk village
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole