On this day in Town history: Shefki Kuqi scores on his Ipswich Town debut in Watford win
- Credit: Tommy Hindley
In our daily feature, we take a look at what happened on this day in Ipswich Town’s history
We start today’s on this day from fifthteen years ago with Shefki Kuqi scoring on his Ipswich Town debut as the Blues won 2-1 against Watford at Vicarage Road, the Finnish forward joined Town on loan from Sheffield Wednesday a day before.
In 2011, Lee Bowyer scored an 89th minute winner against his former side West Ham United in Town’s 1-0 win at the Boleyn Ground, while 10 years ago today, Town drew 1-1 with Crystal Palace at Portman Road live on TV with Jon Stead scoring for the Blues.
David McGoldrick and Daryl Murphy both scored inside the opening 10 minutes as the Blues beat Rotherham United at Portman Road in 2014 to make it five wins out of their first nine league games in the 2014-15 season.
It was 40 years ago today, Town beat AZ Alkmaar 2-0 at Portman Road in the Cup Winners Cup 1st Round, second leg, thanks to goals from Paul Mariner and John Wark.
You may also want to watch:
And finally on this day in 2001, Town progressed through to the second round of the UEFA Cup, after beating Torpedo Moscow 2-1 at the Luzhniki Stadium with goals scored by Finidi George and Marcus Stewart for a memorable victory in Moscow.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders